The recipe of hash browns with poached egg and pike caviar by the chef Georgy Troyan from the new breakfast menu of “Severyane” restaurant in Moscow
Ingredients (for one portion)
- 1 medium potato
- 2 tsp of melted butter
- 2 tsp of pike caviar
- bunch of dill
- Olive oil
- 1 egg
Grate potatoes on a grater, drain juice, add 1 spoon of melted butter, a pinch of salt and mix it all thoroughly. Form a thin fritter and fry it on a pan with one spoon of melted vegetable oil. Fry each side till golden for about 3 minutes.
Pour water in a small suacepan, bring to a boil, add a pinch of sea salt and remove the saucepan from heat. Break fresh egg in water and leave it there for 4-5 minutes. To get better result you can stir water in a saucepan and pour egg in this funnel, and then all the white will gather around a yolk. Take out the egg and throw it back on a napkin.
Blanch dill: put a bunch of dill in boiling salted water and boil for 2-3 minutes. Put it in colander and instantly place it in ice water. Dry dill on a napkin and mix it in blender with olive oil, sea salt and dill broth until liquid sauce state.
Put an egg on a hash brown, pour a tablespoon of dill sauce, put a tablespoon of dense farmer sour cream next to it and couple of teaspoons of pike caviar. Advice: pike caviar in glass jars is often too salty, to reduce saltiness, caviar can be washed with usual sparkling water.
Full “Severnyane” breakfasts menu:
- Oatmeal porridge with ricotta, honey and granola (300 rub) and buckwheat cereal with parmesan (300 rub)
- Poached egg on brioсhe with salmon (450 rub)
- Fried eggs with pastrami and spinach (400 rub)
- Pancakes with chanterelles and truffle sour cream (400 rub)
- Farmer yogurt (200 rub)
- Cheesecakes made of ricotta with seasonal berries jam (350 rub)
- Scramble with pastrami (400 rub)
- Poached egg on a hash brown with pike caviar (300 rub)
- Green omelet with crab (700 rub)
- Sweet roll pastries with ricotta (300 rub)
- Freshly squeezed juice (250 rub), berry and ginger kisel (200 rub) and cocoa with white chocolate (200 rub)
Breakfasts at Uilliam Lamberti’s and Ilya T’utenkov’s “Severyane” restaurant on Big Nikitskaya are served every day from 9 in the morning to 4 one o’clock in the afternoon.